Applying to an Open Call is easy. Just hit the "Apply" button on any Open Call page to launch the application wizard. IMPORTANT! You must be an Artrepreneur member to apply for an Open Call. If you are not currently a member, you will be directed to join after hitting the Apply button.
It's free to join Artrepreneur, but it is up to the Open Call host to decide if an application fee is required for entry.
ALL WORKS ADDED TO ANY OPEN CALL MUST ADHERE TO OUR IMAGE UPLOAD GUIDELINES. Check the specific Open Call for any additional image guidelines. (Our Image Upload Guidelines supersede any contradictory image requirements listed in an Open Call.)
- Applications will be submitted through the Artrepreneur platform. if you are not currently a member, you will be directed to join after hitting the Open Call’s “Apply” button. After joining, you will be redirected back to the Open Call page.
- If you are already a Member, just click the Apply button to begin the application Wizard.
- You will be directed to upload your Work or choose from Work you have previously uploaded.
- The number of and types of works that you can upload will be determined by the Open Call host and listed in the Open Call.
- If you upload multiple works to an Open Call, a portfolio including those works will be created for you.
- You can find the Portfolio on your Portfolio page.
- The title of the portfolio will match the title of the Open Call.
- The Portfolio will be hidden from public view. TO make it public, edit the Portfolio and switch it from “hidden” to “public.”
- When submitting a single work, a portfolio will not be created. You can find your submission in your Artwork area.
- Simply follow the Wizard. Note that not all the available fields in the Wizard are required to submit the application but may be required by the host of the Open Call. Please read the Open Call page carefully to ensure that your application meets the Host’s requirements or your entry may be disqualified.
- Once completed, you will receive a confirmation email letting you know that we have received your entry.
- To manage your application, go to the Open Call section on your Dashboard.
EDITING YOUR ENTRIES
In general, the selection process is determined by a series of factors, such as:
- Artistic skills
- Creative ideas and concepts
- Artists statement / description of the work(s).
- The cohesiveness of the group of works submitted
However, the specific selection requirements may differ for each Open Call or for each host. Please read the Open Call details carefully to ensure you are following the selection guidelines.
The submission timeline will be different for each Open Call. Note that unless the Open Call has a rolling selection process, you may edit the details for your entries, such as titles and descriptions, at any time prior to the submission deadline. Note that deleting portfolios (if multiple works were submitted) or your artwork (in a single entry submission) will also delete your application. However, if you wish to replace your artwork image, you can do so from the artwork's edit page.
WARRANTY AND INDEMNIFICATION
THE APPLICANT WARRANTS (GUARANTEES) THAT THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO SUBMIT WORK, THAT THE IMAGE IS ORIGINAL AND DOES NOT INFRINGE THE RIGHTS OF ANY OTHER PARTY. THE CONTESTANT WILL INDEMNIFY AND KEEP ARTREPRENEUR, INC. INDEMNIFIED AGAINST ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, ACTIONS, SUITS, PROCEEDINGS, LOSSES, AND COSTS (INCLUDING ANY LEGAL COSTS OR REASONABLE EXPENSES PROPERLY INCURRED AND ANY COMPENSATION, COSTS, AND DISBURSEMENTS PAID BY THE AOI ON THE ADVICE OF THE AOI’S LEGAL ADVISERS TO COMPROMISE OR SETTLE ANY CLAIM) ARISING FROM OR AS A CONSEQUENCE OF ANY BREACH OR ALLEGED BREACH OF THIS WARRANTY.
- Artrepreneur will not refund any Application fees once the application has been submitted. If you believe that your application should be refunded, please contact the host of this open call. You will find the contact information at the bottom of this page.
- Applicants agree that their Submissions may be used by Artrepreneur, without reservation or limitation, for the promotion of Open Calls including but not limited to Open Call press coverage, posters or web pages that highlight past winners, related open call announcement emails, or newsletters promoting future open calls, promoting on social media platforms, and e-newsletters, etc. and thus grants Artrepreneur a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license to reproduce and distribute the works for the promotion of Open Calls or as found in our Terms of Service.
- Artrepreneur will endeavor to use these entries in a manner consistent with the goals of this Open Call, including crediting the artist, and will, when possible, make the artist or rights holder aware of promotional use. Should you disagree with our use of your work or credit provided, please contact email@example.com.
- Artrepreneur is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, undelivered, delayed, or misdirected entries and reserves the right, without discretion, to modify or terminate this contest in the event of any act, occurrence, or reason that it believes would corrupt the integrity, administration, or fairness of the contest.
IMPORTANT: All awards must be claimed within 30 days of being notified as a winner. For example, in certain cases, winners will receive a notification asking for an address to send the award. If the address is not received by Artrepreneur within 30 days of the notification, the award will no longer be available to the winner.
If you have any questions about an Open Call, please contact the Hos of the Open Call by clicking the contact button on their profile page.
If you have questions regarding the application process or using the Artrepreneur platform, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated on January 24, 2021