Applying to an Open Call is easy. Just hit the "Apply" button to launch the application wizard. IMPORTANT! You must be an Artrepreneur member to apply for an Open Call. If you are not currently a member, you will be directed to join after hitting the Apply button. It's free.
ALL WORKS ADDED TO ANY OPEN CALL MUST ADHERE TO OUR IMAGE UPLOAD GUIDELINES. Check the specific Open Call for any additional image guidelines. (Our Image Upload Guidelines supersede and contradictory image requirements listed in an Open Call.)
- Applications will be submitted through the Artrepreneur platform. if you are not currently a member, you will be directed to join after hitting the Open Call’s “Apply” button.
- After joining, you will be redirected back to the Open Call page.
- If you are already a member, you can find Open Calls from the search menu item on Artrepreneur.
- Click the Apply button to begin the application process.
- You will be directed to upload your work. The number of and types of works that you should upload will be listed in the Open Call. You can upload the works directly from your computer or pull them from popular social media sites, such as Instagram and Facebook.
- If you upload multiple works, a portfolio including those works will be created for you.
- When submitting a single work, the artwork description should describe that work and will appear on its artwork page.
- When submitting multiple works, the artwork description should describe the group of works and will be shown as the portfolio description, not the individual artwork description.
- Once these items are completed, your application will be submitted.
- You will receive a confirmation email letting you know that we have received your entry.
Submitting Multiple Works
- Each submitted work can be found on your Artwork page by clicking “Artwork” on the Artrepreneur menu.
- We suggest that you add a title, keywords, a description and any other relevant details about your work so that Artrepreneur members and internet search engines can find your work, the specific detail requirements should be listed in the Open Call. (categories and Subcategories are required when uploading any artwork to Artrpereneur.)
- After submission, you may also make the work available for sale in the Artrepreneur Marketplace.
- If you are submitting more than one work, a portfolio will be created for you. You can find your portfolio by clicking on the “Portfolios” menu.
- By default, your portfolio is hidden, which means that only those that have the URL for the portfolio can see it.
- The portfolio will not be available in Artrepreneur search. You can make the Portfolio public by opening it from your portfolio page, clicking the edit button, and sliding the switch at the top from Hidden to Public.
- When submitting multiple works, the artwork description field in the submission wizard should describe the group of works and will be shown as the portfolio description, not as the individual artwork description.
- Every member of Artrepreneur has a resume page.
- Click the "edit profile/resume" menu to access this feature.
- Review the Open Call to find specific details regarding items required, if any.
- However, we recommend that you add a personal statement and creative highlights to your resume / CV. Knowing more about you will help everyone understand your work and creative process.
Artrepreneur has many features to offer visual artists beyond just applying for Open Calls. we hope that you will take advantage of all that Artrepreneur has to offer. Just clock on the various menu items to see our features or watch our tutorial to get insights into using Artrepreneur to help you reach success in the visual arts industry.
In general, the selection process will be made on a series of factors, such as:
- Artistic skills
- Creative ideas and concepts
- Artists statement / description of the work(s).
- The cohesiveness of the group of works submitted
However, the specific selection requirements may differ in each Open Call so read the Open Call details carefully to ensure you are following the selection guidelines.
The submission timeline will be different for each Open Call. Note that unless the Open Call has a rolling selection process, you may edit the details for your entries, such as titles and descriptions, at any time prior to the submission deadline. Note that deleting portfolios (if multiple works were submitted) or your artwork (in a single entry submission) will also delete your application. However, if you wish to replace your artwork image, you can do so from the artwork's edit page.
WARRANTY AND INDEMNIFICATION
THE APPLICANT WARRANTS (GUARANTEES) THAT THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO SUBMIT WORK, THAT THE IMAGE IS ORIGINAL AND DOES NOT INFRINGE THE RIGHTS OF ANY OTHER PARTY. THE CONTESTANT WILL INDEMNIFY AND KEEP ARTREPRENEUR, INC. INDEMNIFIED AGAINST ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, ACTIONS, SUITS, PROCEEDINGS, LOSSES AND COSTS (INCLUDING ANY LEGAL COSTS OR REASONABLE EXPENSES PROPERLY INCURRED AND ANY COMPENSATION, COSTS AND DISBURSEMENTS PAID BY THE AOI ON THE ADVICE OF THE AOI’S LEGAL ADVISERS TO COMPROMISE OR SETTLE ANY CLAIM) ARISING FROM OR AS A CONSEQUENCE OF ANY BREACH OR ALLEGED BREACH OF THIS WARRANTY.
- Artrepreneur will not refund any Applications fees once the application has been submitted. If you believe that your application should be refunded, please contact the host of this open call. You will find the contact information at the bottom of this page.
- Applicants agree that their Submissions may be used by Artrepreneur, without reservation or limitation, for the promotion of this Open Call and future related Open calls including but not limited to Open Call press coverage, posters or web pages that highlight past winners, related open call announcement emails, or newsletters promoting future open calls, promoting on social media platforms, and e-newsletters etc. and thus grants Artrepreneur a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license to reproduce and distribute the entries for that purpose only.
- Artrepreneur will endeavor to use these entries in a manner consistent with the goals of this Open Call and will, when possible to make the rights holder aware of promotional use.
- Artrepreneur is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, undelivered, delayed, or misdirected entries and reserves the right, without discretion, to modify or terminate this contest in the event of any act, occurrence, or reason that it believes would corrupt the integrity, administration, or fairness of the contest.
If you have any questions about the Open Call, please contact the company hosting the Open Call clicking the contact button on their profile page.
If you have questions regarding the application process or using the Artrepreneur platform, please contact support@Artrepreneur.com.