For each work you add to the Marketplace, you must choose the way you would like the buyer to initiate a sale, either by contacting you directly or using Paypal. (Note that the buyer does not need to have a Paypal account but may instead use Paypal as the credit card merchant). You can choose a different payment method for each work,
Regardless of which option you choose, Artrepreneur is not involved in your transactions. We merely provide a platform to bring together buyers and sellers. SInce Artrepreneur does not take part in the transaction, we also take NO COMMISSION on the sale of your artwork. You are responsible for packing and shipping the work to the buyer in a timely manner.
WHICH ONE IS RIGHT FOR YOU?
Direct to Buyer
With this option, the buyer will contact you directly using our online form. This method is best:
- when the price is negotiable
- if you have a preferred payment method other than Paypal
- for large, heavy works that require specialized shipping and insurance,
- For works over $10,000. (PayPal will not accept transactions over $10,000 so you must use the direct payment method.)
However, many buyers make spur of the moment decisions when purchasing artwork. The direct approach may give buyers time to reconsider their purchase, costing you a sale. Also, buyers may not know who you are or whether they can trust that you will deliver their purchase promptly but If you are a recognized artist or Gallery, the risk will likely be minimized.
PayPal is used by millions of people all over the world for safe and effortless transaction. This method is best:
- when the price is non-negotiable
- When shipping costs do not vary dramatically across the United States
- If you don’t have a robust system for invoicing and financial reporting
- For works under $10,000. (PayPal will not accept transactions over $10,000.
With Paypal, purchases are immediate and funds will be transferred to your PayPal account after the transaction is complete. PayPal also provides excellent reporting tools for accounting and paying your taxes.
It's free to sign up for a PayPal Business Account, If you already have a personal Paypal account, you must upgrade to a Paypal Business Account and add your PayPal ID in your settings to receive payments. (See Get a PayPal Client ID).