ARTWORK SELLING FOR ABOVE $5000
To ensure that potential buyers have the requisite information about a work to make a purchase, we recommend adding as many details as possible. However, to protect you and our customers, works priced above $5000 require the following information:
- Your legal name indicated on your "edit profile/resume" page
- A personal summary or artist statement on your "edit profile/resume" page
- A website link (as the primary website link on your edit profile/resume page) that verifies you are the creator, legal representative or rights holder of the original physical work, such as your personal website or another website selling the work. (Resales are only available to established galleries and museums).
- The artwork title on the artwork's detail page must be the same as the title of the work. (I.e. img_2000245.jpg is not a valid title.)
- A description of the work in the description area of your artwork's detail page.
We may also require additional verification that you have the right to sell the work.
While the information listed above is the minimum required, we suggest adding as many details as possible about you and your work so that any potential buyer can best evaluate a purchase. Plus, you only have a short time to capture and hold the attention of a buyer. While your artwork may initially engage the buyer, a purchase often requires more than just liking your work. Many buyers will evaluate your entire profile to ensure that purchasing your work is the right investment, especially when the work is higher-priced.
After all, there are many other artists vying for a purchase. How you craft your profile (resume, portfolios, artwork details) can be the deciding factor in purchasing your work over the work of another artist.