Before activating your Showroom, there are several steps you may want to consider so that your Showroom can be easily discovered and noticed by Artrepreneur buyers, giving you the greatest opportunity to make sales.
1. Upgrade to Pro. Showrooms are only available to Pro members, although Free members can still sell artwork through the Artrepreneur Marketplace. Pro membership is $12/month or $108/year (a 25% savings!). To upgrade to Pro, click the Upgrade to Pro link in the Artrepreneur Menu.
2. Choose artwork for your Showroom. By default, any artwork that you have added to the Artrepreneur Marketplace will be added to your Showroom and available for purchase in both your Showroom and in the Marketplace. However, you may also wish to limit your Showroom to certain works while leaving your other works for sale only in the Marketplace.
- To remove an artwork from your Showroom, go to the artwork detail page, hit the "Edit Marketplace Details" link and switch the "Show Work in Showroom" slider from green to red.
3. Review your artwork information. Misspelled words, poorly written descriptions, and filenames as artwork titles (i.e. 112568-img) can give visitors a poor impression of you and your work, resulting in fewer sales. We suggest reviewing your artwork and your resume for errors and omissions before activating your Showroom.
- Also, consider providing descriptions and other relevant details to each work along with adding an artist statement and career highlights to your resume. Telling your story can differentiate you from other artists, make you and your work more memorable, and generate more sales.
- For tips on adding details to your profile, see the Getting Started section in our Help Center or for a comprehensive guide on seeling artwork, download our eBook.
Click image to download
4. Check your artwork's categories and subcategories. Accurate categorization is required for all work uploaded to Artrepreneur. Artwork categories will also be used to identify the content of your Showroom in the Showroom Directory. Miscategorized work will be removed.
5. Set up your Payment Methods. There are currently three options for Pro members to receive payments in your Showroom and in the Artrepreneur Marketplace. (Look for additional payment methods, such as Stripe and Amazon Pay later this year). You can choose one of these methods for each artwork you make available for sale.
- Direct Sales: Allow a customer to contact you directly via email or with a link to your website. You determine the method of payment outside of Artrepreneur.
- Escrow.com: Allows payments to be held in an escrow account until delivery is accepted by the Buyer. This method can help give buyers assurance that their purchase is secured. It is best used for higher-priced purchases, where credit card limits can be a factor. For more details on Escrow.com, see Direct Sale or Escrow.com: What Should I Choose.
- PayPal: In order to use PayPal to sell artwork in your Showroom, you must have a PayPal Business Account so you can create a PayPal Client ID. For instructions see Getting a PayPal Client ID.
To choose a payment method and make your artwork available in the Artrepreneur Marketplace and your Showroom, go to your artwork's detail page and click the "Add to Marketplace" link. (For more information, see How do I add Artwork to the Marketplace)
6. Add Showroom details.
Please edit your Showroom settings before activation. You can find these settings on your Settings page.
- Title: by default, your account name will be your Showroom's title.
- Description: give your audience something enticing that will make them want to buy your work or save your Showroom for a future purchase.
- URL: by default, your custom URL will match your resume's custom URL but you can change your Showroom URL. We suggest doing this immediately because if you change it later, potential buyers who may have saved your artwork link will get a page error. (Note: you cannot use special characters such as “#” or leave spaces between words.)
- Showroom Activation: You can activate or deactivate your store at any time.
- Showroom Directory Thumbnail: by default, your thumbnail will be the first work you uploaded. You can upload a new image to represent your Showroom. This is not the image at the top of your Showroom. It is only the image shown in the Showroom Directory. YOUR DIRECTORY THUMBNAIL IMAGE MUST BE OF YOUR ARTWORK. This is important for both you and our Showroom visitors. We want our visitors to have a sense of what is in your Showroom, along with the icons representing what is in your Showroom and the range of artwork prices. If you choose another type of image for the directory, such as a headshot or logo, we may replace it for you.
7. Activate Your Showroom. To activate your store, click the "Activate Your Showroom" switch in your Showroom settings.
Please review our Marketplace Rules, Image Upload Guidelines, and Community Guidelines, which are incorporated into these instructions, before activating your Showroom. Failure to adhere to our policies may result in the removal of artwork or suspension of your account.