Your Showroom has been activated!
We think it looks amazing but we have some suggestions for enhancing your profile along with a few tasks that you should complete to make your Showroom perfect.
UPDATE YOUR PROFILE/RESUME
Buyers and Collectors aren't just purchasing your work, they are also making an investment in you as an artist. The more they know about you, your career path, goals, or creative philosophy, the more the buyer can connect with and the more likely they will be to make a purchase.
First, your Showroom will have a link to your profile / resume so we also suggest reviewing your resume URL, which can be customized from the resume edit screen.
- You should also include an Artist Statement on your resume page if you haven't already done so.
- We also suggest adding relevant details to your resume, such as your social media handles and technical skills along with Career Highlights, such as education, work history, gallery shows, awards or publishing activities.
- Review your artwork currently available in the Artrepreneur Marketplace as it will now, also be available in your Showroom.
- We suggest adding a title to your work (otherwise the title will show as “Untitled”).
- Review artwork descriptions, categories & subcategories, custom URLs, keywords, and check your sale details such as sale and shipping price, artwork size, or any other relevant details for accuracy.
UPDATE YOUR SHOWROOM SETTINGS
Click "My Showroom Settings" on the top menu in your Showroom and fill out the relevant information.
- Title: by default, your account name will be your Showroom title.
- Description: give your audience something enticing that will make them want to buy your work or save your Showroom for a future purchase.
- URL: by default, your custom URL will match your resume custom URL but you can change your Showroom URL. We suggest doing this immediately because if you change it later, potential buyers who may have saved your artwork link will get a page error. (Note: you cannot use special characters such as “#” or leave spaces between words.)
- Showroom Activation: You can activate or deactivate your Showroom at any time.
- Showroom Directory Thumbnail: by default, your thumbnail will be the first work you uploaded. You can upload a new image to represent your Showroom. This is not the image at the top of your Showroom. It is the image shown in the Showroom Directory.
- Remove specific artwork from the Showroom, if desired.
- In some cases, you may want certain artworks to be available in the Artrepreneur Marketplace but not in your Showroom. To remove work from your Showroom, hit the “Update Sale Details” button on your artwork detail page and flip the “Show in Showroom” switch to red.
- You may use either Direct, Escrow, or Paypal for payment on any artwork. However, to set up Paypal, you must first have a Paypal business account and retrieve your PayPal client ID. (See your Showroom settings page)
- For instructions, on getting your PayPal Client ID, click here.
We hope these instructions answer most of your questions and that you are excited to launch your Artrepreneur Showroom. A Curator will be contacting you shortly. In the meantime, take a look at our eBook, “How to Sell Art like an Artrepreneur” for additional tips and tricks that can help you generate sales.
Chief Product Officer