Escrow.com is the world's most secure payment method from a counterparty risk perspective - safeguarding both buyer and seller
Escrow.com protects your transactions and your fees by acting as a trusted third-party that collects, holds and only disburses funds when both Buyers and Sellers are satisfied. This leads to more successful sales and your broker fee in your hands with every transaction.
With this option, the buyer will place their purchase price into an escrow account. The funds will not be released to the seller until the transaction is complete and approved.
- Payment will be processed by escrow.com, the world’s most secure payment method for reducing risk in a transaction.
- Artrepreneur takes a 10% transaction fee.
- Shipping must be from a list of approved shippers.
This is the best option for unknown or lesser-known artists. An escrow payment gives the buyer confidence that the artwork will be delivered as advertised and undamaged. If problems arise, a buyer can feel confident that the purchase price can be recovered if delivery issues are not resolved.
HOW IT WORKS
It’s easy to sell your work on Artrepreneur.
- From your Artrepreneur Artwork Area, simply upload an image of your work.
- Add some details, like a title and description to make your work more compelling for potential buyers.
- If you need additional images to fully see your work or you want to add supporting video content, you will need to become a Pro member.
- Click the “Make Available for Sale” button and choose the escrow.com payment method.
- Fill out the Marketplace Popup Form with your preferred email, sale price, size and number of works available.
- Hit submit and your work is now available the Artrepreneur Marketplace.
SETTING UP YOUR ESCROW ACCOUNT
- If you chose Escrow for the sale of your work, you will need to set up an account with escrow.com. Escrow.com reduces the risk of fraud by acting as a trusted third-party that collects, holds and only disburses funds when both Buyers and Sellers are satisfied.
- HOW DOES ESCROW WORK?
- Buyer and Seller agree to terms – Either the Buyer or Seller begins a transaction. After registering at Escrow.com, all parties agree to the terms of the transaction.
- Buyer Pays Escrow.com – The Buyer submits a payment by approved payment method to our secure Escrow Account, Escrow.com verifies the payment, the Seller is notified that funds have been secured ‘In Escrow’.
- Seller ships merchandise to Buyer – Upon payment verification, the Seller is authorized to send the merchandise and submit tracking information. Escrow.com verifies that the Buyer receives the merchandise.
- Buyer accepts Merchandise – The Buyer has a set number of days to inspect the merchandise and the option to accept or reject it. The Buyer accepts the merchandise
- Escrow.com pays the Seller – Escrow.com releases funds to the Seller from the Escrow Account.
- The transaction is completed – safely and securely!
Escrow.com requires shipping be handled by one of the shipping companies listed below in order for its system to track the delivery. Follow the email instructions to ensure proper implementation so your funds will be made available in a timely manner.