Services helps Pro members get freelance work from buyers who need to hire creative talent to complete their art & design projects. Whether you are a graphic designer, photographer, interior designer, or any type of visual artist looking for freelance work, then list your services to reach thousands of people across the globe that come to Artrepreneur every day to look for creative talent.
How Does It Work?
- If you have not done so already, upgrade to Pro ($12/month plus a 30-day free trial).
- You will be able to create up to three listings (see Setting Up Your Services Listing below).
- If a potential buyer is interested in hiring you, they can fill out a contact form with relevant details of their project, which you will receive by email.
- A copy of the form will also be available in your messages area on Artrepreneur.
- Please note: The buyer will have the option to include an email address on the Request Form so that you can communicate directly, outside of the Artrepreneur platform. However, if the buyer prefers to initially keep their email private, all correspondence must be conducted within Artrepreneur.
Unlike other sites, Artrepreneur does not get involved in your business. We only provide an easy way for you and your talent to be discovered by an untapped worldwide audience that you may not have had access to before. Pricing, method of payment, and deliverables are between you and the client. WE DO NOT TAKE ANY COMMISSION ON YOUR SALE!
What Services Can I List?
Pro Members can list up to three freelance services in eleven visual arts categories. Services can be in-person offerings (i.e wedding photography or interior design), or digital services (i.e. logo design or photo retouching). Each listing will include:
- One-time fee or hourly rate
- Location (as listed on your profile)
- Example images of your work
Important: While your listings can offer general services (i.e. Photography) or specific services (i.e. Event Photography), buyers will be generally looking for someone to handle a particular project. Listings that are too general may not grab a buyer’s attention in the same way as a listing that targets their specific needs. For example, a buyer wanting a painted portrait of their beloved basset hound would be more responsive to a listing titled “Portrait Painting” that includes relevant examples of that type of work than a listing titled “Fine Art Painting” with examples of work unrelated to the buyer’s search.
Setting Up Your Services Listing
On the side menu, you will now see a new item for Services, under which you will see “Create.”
Click to open the Create Services Edit Screen. Here is where you will enter all the relevant information for your listing. Please look at the important steps and tips below.
- Inactive vs. Active.
- At the top of the page, you will see that starting new service defaults to inactive mode. (This mode provides you with an opportunity to make any changes you want before making your listing live.)
- Once you have entered all your information and saved the listing, just flip the switch to activate it.
- If you ever want to temporarily hide your listing, you can just switch it back to inactive.
- Here you can use any title you want but keep in mind that it should be descriptive enough to capture the attention of the Buyers when searching or browsing. Your title should be concise and to the point.
- TIP: There is no description on the search result summary cards so the title should be descriptive enough to identify the service you are providing.
- Briefly describe your service with as much information as possible for the buyers to determine if your Service meets their needs.
- You do not have to add your Deliverables here as that will be done in the Deliverables section.
- Custom URL.
- Add a custom ending to the Artrepreneur URL for people to remember or share on social media.
- In the Category Dropdown menu, choose which category you want your service to be listed under.
- It is important to choose the proper category so those potential buyers searching or browsing services, will be able to find your service more easily.
- Price Type and Starting Rate.
- You can choose between offering a one-time fee for a project or an hourly rate for your work.
- TIP: While it may be difficult to determine an exact price without client input, the starting price listed here will help buyers find service providers that are within their budget. Your starting price should be as accurate as possible.
- Using proper tags is important in helping buyers find your listing. Think of tags as relevant search terms for phrases that describe additional applications of your service. (i.e. A listing for Event Photography might include tags like “Wedding Photography” or “Corporate Events”).
- Tags will be shown on the Services Search Results.
- Do not use # or use a word without spacing (#weddingphotography should be “Wedding Photography”).
- You will have a limited number of tags depending on the length of the terms used so think carefully before adding.
- Your listing has a separate area to highlight what you will provide to the buyer.
- TIP: For example, as a graphic designer your deliverables may be the signed off press files/pdfs, etc. for print. As a front-end web designer, your deliverables may be final Photoshop or Adobe XD files ready for development.
- Primary Image.
- The primary image should be the main image that represents your service. It will appear at the top of your listing and on the search results.
- TIP: The primary image is likely the one that determines whether or not a potential buyer of your service clicks on your listing to get more information.
- Note that the image will be cropped to a landscape format.
- Additional Images.
- You can add up to 5 additional images of related work to give the buyer a better idea of your creative talent and style.
- These images will be cropped to a square format.
Reviewing & Activating the Listing
To see what your listing will look like to the buyer, click on Services, and then Manage, on the side menu. The listing as it appears in the Manage area is the format that the buyers will see in the search results.
From here, you can view your full listing by hitting the “view” button.
If you are satisfied with your listing and wish to make it active, click your listing’s “edit” button, which can be found on the Manage Services screen, then move the switch at the top of the page to active, and then hit save.
Should you have any questions regarding Services or any other questions about Artrepreneur, please contact Support.
Artrepreneur Reserves the right to hide your listing due to inaccurate content, (i.e. non-representative image examples or misleading titles, or descriptions, or mislabeled tags) or if your listing violates any of our Policies (i.e. Terms of Service or Image Upload Guidelines.) Additionally, “Bait and switch” pricing, (listing low starting prices that are an apparent bargain with the intention of charging higher in the actual process) may be considered fraud and will result in permanent removal of your account. For a full listing of our Policies, go to the Policies section on our Help Center.